Emergency Call Dial 100
Control Room (24x7):23358788/23410465
Traffic Control Room:9051213100/23240053
History of Bidhannagar Commissionerate
Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate,
established on 20th January 2012, is a police force with primary
responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within
Bidhannagar or Salt Lake area, Northern and North-Eastern fringes
The Commissionerate is part of the West Bengal Police, and is under the administrative control of Home Ministry of West Bengal. It was formed after bifurcation of the North 24 Parganas Police District, and has nine police stations under its jurisdiction. Shri Jawed Shamim, IPS, is the Commissioner of the Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate.
Our Mission and Vision
- Obedience to the Constitution of India
- Bidhannagar Police shall ensure the Rule of Law, enforce the law of the land impartially and firmly without fear or favour, and strive to create a fear free environment that is conducive to growth and development
- Bidhannagar Police will remain committed to maintaining public order, preventing and detecting crime
Structure and Jurisdiction
The Police commissionerate is situated at Bidhannagar, and is divided into two divisions- Bidhannagar and Airport. The commissionerate is responsible for law enforcement over an area of 110 sqkm area with nine police stations under it. The commissionerate is headed by the Commissioner of Police, Shri Jawed Shamim,IPS, who is an Indian Police Service officer in the rank of Additional Director General of Police (ADG). There are one Joint Commissioner of Police, two Additional Deputy Commissioners for the two divisions.
- Shri Jawed Shamim, IPS, Commissioner of Police
- Shri Subrata Bandopadhyay, IPS, Joint Commissioner of Police
- Shri Ranendranath Banerjee, IPS, D.C.H.Q.
- Shri Kankar Prasad Barui, IPS, D.C.D.D
- Shri V.S.R. Ananthnag, IPS, A.D.C.P. airport
- Shri Debasis Dhar, IPS, A.D.C.P. Bidhannagar